There is an art to picking profitable products. It’s not just what you want to sell but rather what will sell. Unless you pick a product in demand in the marketplace, you will fail. A fundamental principle of the capitalist system is “supply and demand”. It represents a delicate balancing act between “what people want” and how much of “it” is available.
Every Christmas, we see one toy that everyone wants. One year is “talking Elmo” and the next year it’s something else. But, it never fails to occur. Because everyone wants “it”, so “it” is in high demand. If the supply of the product isn’t sufficient to meet the customer demand, prices soar, as do profits for the people selling them.
You could hope you pick one of those products and make a lot of money in one season, or you can be smart and have a profitable business all year round. How? Understand trends in our society and how they help you predict the products which are or will be in demand, now and in the future.
Current Trends In American Society
By reading and watching current news, we should be able to spot trends. These trends will have an impact upon people and therefore, the products they need or want. For instance, some current trends in the United States are as follows:
· Americans are fatter than prior generations (particularly children)
· Baby Boomers (a very large potential market) are getting older. Many are in the 50s or 60s.
· More and more people purchase online from the security and comfort of their own home
· Americans are more security conscious since 9/11
· Travel by car or recreational vehicle is up over previous years…………….Read More…………